I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Walking in Beauty in Sedona: Part 2

With all the blogging I've been doing lately it feels like forever since my last post, but it's really only been 5 days (well, at least from the time I'm writing this!) Now where was I? Oh right, I have more of Sedona's magical surroundings to share!

Remember our umpteenth van troubles I mentioned a couple of posts ago? Don had it looked at and fixed, so we were back up and running again. Yay! We went into Sedona and decided to explore Dead Man's Pass Trail, located in the same general area as the astonishing Fay Canyon we hiked last year. (Come to think of it we had a bit of a 'dead' theme going on, eh, as we were staying at Dead Horse Ranch Park. Hum, I wonder what that's about?) The path between where we parked and the actual trail-head was densely treed, which unfortunately also meant that it offered a rather limited view.



But that changed as soon as we reached Dead Man's Pass trail. We were able to admire impressive rock formations as we walked.






I'm particularly fascinated by the changing colors of the rock layers, going from dark red to light pink to nearly white.




A few clouds timidly made their way into the blue sky.



Kyky ready to head back.


Don pointed out that this rock looks like someone's face turned up to the sky. Amazingly there were actually two heads, back to back, but you can only make out one in this photo. Can you see it?




Thankfully, unlike last time, the van did start when we returned from our hike. (I've learned to be grateful for the little things that can so easily be taken for granted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment