I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Magnificent Sonoran Skies

While we woke up to pure blue sky almost every morning at McDowell Mountain Regional Park, one day it gradually began to be filled with the most amazing clouds! What a treat to my photographic eye!




Someone sure picked the perfect day to hop into their powered para-glider. Imagine being surrounded by these amazing, continually dancing clouds!


I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pics of our humble home with this magical background.



I took this shot while we were waiting for the tow truck. Yep, turns out our van ordeals weren't over yet! I'm not even gonna get into the details. Let's just cross our fingers (and our toes!!!) that THIS TIME they have indeed identified the real booboo.


By the time we got back to the campground the cloud cover was real thick.


See the birds on the saguaros?


We found out who's making the holes in many of these big fellows!

 


At some point the sky looked like it was divided with straight lines!



But the real show started at dusk! Only the evening before I'd been complaining to Bruce about the lack of interesting sunsets, as the sun would disappear behind mountains in the distance. "What you need are some clouds!" he replied, and boy, was he ever right!

The spectacle that unfolded in front of my eyes as the sun went down that night was unlike anything I'd ever seen before! 









I know, I know... I kinda went crazy with the camera but it just couldn't be helped!




If you thought that the sky was on fire wait til you see these next ones!






This is one of my favorites!


And the grand finale...


Now let's all take a big collective breath and sigh! ;-)

6 comments:

  1. wow, Carmella. These photos are beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen a sky so gorgeous! you are so fortunate to be there to see this! Hope you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those pictures are beyond stunning! the sky really does look like its on fire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots....suitable for framing. Reminds me of our trip out there last year. Keep 'em coming.
    Sue in very cold, colorless Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your photos . Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete