I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Angel Hair Pasta In Creamy Spinach Sauce

Dinnertime was approaching quickly the other day, yet I was still clueless as to what to make. So I did what I often do, I turned to my dear friends on RFC who suggested pasta. But of course! What was I thinking? (Actually, that was part of the problem... my brain wasn't functioning properly! lol)

All I had to whip up was a sauce to serve it with. As we had tons of spinach in the fridge, my original idea was to make a pesto. However, it evolved into a delicious creamy sauce with a hint of nutmeg and thyme. In fact, it was so good, it inspired me to also make a batch of Pine Nut Parmesan which I thought would complement it beautifully.

Don goes to me: "I like this sauce better than the one you usually make" (referring to this sauce.) Having yet to take a bite, I looked across at him in disbelief. He had a point; the result was deeeeeelish! Although I must say, I still have a weak spot for my Spinach & Cream Pasta Casserole.

Angel Hair Pasta In Creamy Spinach Sauce

Serves 4

Angel Hair Pasta
Zucchinis, peeled and spiralized using the smallest setting


Creamy Spinach Sauce
4 cups spinach
1 small garlic clove
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup water
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp thyme

Blend in high speed blender until very smooth.


Pine Nut Parmesan
1/2 cup macadamias
1/2 cup cashews
2 Tbs pine nuts
1 Tbs lemon juice
1Tbs flax meal
1 clove crushed garlic
1Tbs nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt

First process macadamias and cashews until ground. Then add the pine nuts and process briefly. Follow with the rest of the ingredients and process until well mixed.

Carmella's Note: You don’t want to overprocess the pine nuts as they release a lot of oil.


Assembly
Toss the noodles with the sauce. Top with red bell pepper cubes. Sprinkle with Pine Nut Parmesan and serve.

Here it is once the sauce was mixed in.


Oh, and in case you're wondering, this is a single portion which explains why it seems to have shrunk so much.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. I am absolutely overwhelmed by all the yummy goodness on this blog and this particular post. Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautiful!!!! so spring-like. . . perfect for the changing weather- to warmth and sunshine. . .and by the way the photo from the last post (rawgasmic delights) is just sensual overload- i LOVE it ;)
    xx Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth actually watered. I need to get one of those spirooli thingamajigs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi carmella, love your blog, beautiful raw recipes.Only I saw a picture of Don and he looks very old with his beard. So Don you have a beautiful raw face and hair,
    so i ask you do you dare to shave yourself and show us your new,raw, young looking face in a picture?
    You have a beautiful glowing face
    from eating raw, so don,t hide it
    behind that big beard!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, your blog is terrific and this particular recipe is exactly what i have been looking for so thanks! The pictures are wonderful and what yardsnacker said!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone,

    Wow! Here I was, completely clueless yet managed to whip up something that resonates with so many others. Yay! ;-)

    Yardsnacker,
    I was watching your video while you were posting this. You had me laughing so hard at the end that my stomach hurt! lol

    impie60,
    So funny you should bring up Don's beard. Actually, two people commented about it on the same day for some reason.(The other lady was suggesting to put some color in it! he he)

    Don last shaved when he got out of the army back in '79. He calls it his 'warrior's beard'. Guess we'll just have to imagine what the rest of his raw face looks like. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! This looks fantastic. Do you think it'd still be good without the pinenut parmesean?

    :: nicole ::

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nicole,

    Most definitely! In fact, when we had the left-overs, by the time I remembered the parmesan, we were nearly done eating. ;-)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carmella! This recipe looks amazing! Quick (and probably silly) question ... is it necessary to soak the nuts first? I'm a newbie at this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jakk,

    Not a silly question at all! Actually, with cashews you can either soak them or not. Soaking them (even an hour would be enough) will make the sauce a little creamier.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made this dish w/out the mushrooms and asparagus for my *sad* dad last night and he Loved it! Thanks for all the gorgeous pictures and inspiring recipes. Your site is wonderful.

    I made some mods based on what I had in the kitchen to work w, here's what I did with a picture of my own.

    http://www.rawfoodsupport.com/read.php?4,147288

    ReplyDelete