I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

RAWgasmic Delights

Can food be better than sex?

Hum, an interesting question that seems to have been popping up a lot lately.

Alright. Let's try this!

Close your eyes and imagine:

Candlelight...

Soft music in the background...

The faintest aroma of delicate flowers floating in the air...

... and one of the following luscious creations lying in wait:




After experiencing such decadent raw desserts as these, perhaps now it's not so hard to conceive of the possibility?

There is no doubt that some foods have the ability to awaken pleasures beyond those of the mere taste buds. Just think of cacao and its aphrodisiac properties, for instance. Shazzie would probably argue that durian would fit in that category too; a point made loud and clear in her controversial video.

OK, so let us agree for a moment that both food and sex can take one to the summits of sensuous delights, making you want to blissfully close your eyes so as to better savor the moment. (And, if we're lucky, briefly forget our painful lot!)

Lord knows I've been enjoying my share of sexy and decadent raw delights in the last few months. Actually, I've even managed to lure a few adventurous souls over on Raw Freedom Community to come along for the ride! They recently took on the challenge of making my Delight-full Chocolate Orange Cake as a Project RAW, and more to the point, trying to decide whether it's up to its ecstatic claim.

Going Worldwide
But before I get into the juicy details (What? Me teasing? Nah!), let me tell you a little about Project RAW. The concept arose one day when one of our members, Aisah, was feeling unnerved at the prospect of making her first gourmet dessert: Vanessa Sherwood's Blackforest Cheesecake. Spontaneously, I offered Aisah to make it on the same day as her as a sort of moral support. Was she ever grateful! The idea became an instant hit among RFC's community. Hence "Project RAW- Raw Around the World" was born and has developed into yet another way of exploring the power of cooperation while having a blast in the process!

We've had a number of Project RAWs since, including for my Delight-full Blueberry Chocolate Cake, Snowdrop's Blonde Fruitcake, and Heathy's Mango Cake. Oh, and a couple of savory projects too: Russell James' 'Spinach & Wild Mushroom Quiche' and my Fennel & Pear Pizza with Pine Nut Parmesan. It's so awesome and so much fun to compare notes on tweaks and variations, give support, and share pictures of our renditions of particularly intimidating recipes.

Rawk 'n Rollin'
Things were taken to a new level in the last week when 'RAW' came to stand for "Roll Around the World". This latter refers to my comment that "Don was rolling around on the floor moaning in ecstasy" as he ate my Delight-full Chocolate Orange Cake. It's been a 'hot' and, at times, on-the-verge-of-triple-X-rating discussion. Actually, I can't resist sharing a few of the comments posted on this colorful thread. If only to show you what you've been missing...

Snowdrop:
"i couldn't wait for the march 30th date, as we will be out of state attending a family bridal shower. so i made it last nite and had my first taste of ecstasy today. OMG it's everything everybody said it was.

OMGOMGOMG

carmella you are my sunshine my only sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you for giving us this heaven in our mouths"

*~*~*
Rawbie:

"Since my plan is to fast earlier than expected, I went ahead and made the cake yesterday. Whoa! The recipe is definitely a keeper, as the cake is amazingly delicious. However, I am still trying to figure out if it is better than sex."

*~*~*
WyJoz:


"he's divine !!!!! hehe; now I'm looking for my Wayne !!! hehe!

got to compare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*~*~*
Aisah:

"Oh maaaaan!! Hmmm this is truly a delightful experience!! I must tell you guys that I am one who (usually) will NEVER touch an orange flavored chocolate so to say this is nice (says it all)!!! I especially liked the batter. It is still cold hard though as I am not allowing it a little thawing!! All in all - tis was a good union with "Mr Delight"!!! Every bite a lovely tantalizing play for the taste buds!!"

*~*~*
Peaches4Ever:


"Finally, I poked and prodded and he seemed just right. The first bite…. Ooooooooooooooooooh Oooooooooooooooooooooh Oooooooooooooooooooh, luscious, creamy, fruity chocolate melting in my mouth. Wow, Wow, Wow…. Oh yeah… This is soooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooood!!!. So worth the wait!

Better than sex??? Well, I have yet to decide that. Definitely a mouth-gasm for sure."


Sexy Flashes
While everyone was busy playing with "Mr. Delight", I had a mission of my own, investigating Shannonmarie's “Rawifed” and Sexy Eclair Dessert which was also reputed to be of the "better-than-sex" variety.

Since I had the graham crackers all ready, a few days ago I got to work on the rest.

As I had run out of nut butter, I decided to take a deep breath and try making my own. What a success! I ended up with a lovely and smooth cashew butter (read the details of my adventure here) which I used to make the chocolate topping. I also threw in more cacao powder, as I preferred it slightly on the bitter sweet side. For the vanilla pudding, I didn't have enough young coconut, so made up with more cashews instead. I also used part coconut oil and cacao butter instead of just the cacao, and added 1tbs of lecithin to the mixture for good measure.

I assembled the Eclair in a bread pan we had lying around which I lined with plastic film. Then began the wait...

Finally, it was all set and ready to be enjoyed.

Here it is, out of the wrap.


Getting darn close to chow down time now, the minutes are a-ticking!


Don caught in the act.


Mmmmmmm...


Don, Manu and I all agreed this was pretty yummy stuff. We served it to a friend of ours who thought it was delicious, especially the chocolate topping. For my part, I found the Eclair perhaps a bit heavy to my taste. Actually, I think I got a little overexcited, and cut the pieces too big, as I didn't manage to finish mine.

So where does that leave us? Have we found an answer to the question of the hour?

When presented with it, Manu offered that "it depends on the quality of the sex" (and of the food too, I would add!)

Good point.

Jozzie's words of wisdom on the matter?

"Food is 'always' better than sex !!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much variety, so many different tastes! So much pleasure planning, preparing, eating!

Sex is Sex! Wham bam not even a 'thank you mam', it's done! That's it! hehehe"

Hum... I think I'd tend to agree, especially when it comes to 'normal' sex. Tantra, however, might be a different story...

Well then, I suppose it's yet another one of those "it's all in the eye of the beholder" issues.

Are y'all drooling yet? I know I am! Time to go get dessert ready! ;-)

Here's to RAWgasmic delights! Keep 'em coming!

*~*~*~*
Photo Credits

White Chocolate-Strawberry Cheesecake by Vanessa Sherwood
Mango Cake by Heathy/Fairygirl
Delight-full Chocolate Orange Cake by Joz
Delight-full Chocolate Orange Cake by Aisah

3 comments:

  1. Hehe. Awww! What about food AND sex?! ;)

    *blushes & giggles* I always love your posts. And omg. Everything here is to die for, I swear!

    xo,
    meli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I need some air! Everything looks so, well, rawgasmic! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEW! Great post - everything sweet and orgazmic, just the way I like it...I'd still have to say that I choose chocolate over sex any day. :D

    ReplyDelete