I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Cream of Leek

After months of enjoying the same tried and true soups, for no apparent reason, Don and I have recently started to crank up new recipes again. Funny how creative spurts come and go...

The following emerged from one of my all time faves, Jennifer Cornbleet’s Cream of Zucchini. I didn't have the garlic and dill called for in the recipe, so I did what any cook/uncook would do; I went with what I had on hand. The result reminded me of the SAD Cream of Leek I used to love. So creamy and delicious!


Cream of Leek

Serves 2

½ avocado
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon mellow white miso
1 " piece of leek
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Dash cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Handful of fresh parsley
1 cup water (or until preferred consistency is reached)

Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.

If desired, warm up gently on the stove, stirring constantly.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, potato leek soup was a fav of mine growing up. This doesn't have potato, but it certainly looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, looks so good. I'm going to have to make it sometime soon.
    I added you to my links of blogs, I didn't think you'd mind. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really tasty - the cayenne gave it an extra special kick! Thanks.
    LisaNewf

    ReplyDelete