I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Winners of the Delightfully Raw Giveaway

If you remember, I asked for your help a few days ago in order to give the readers of my new book, Delightfully Raw, a sense of who I am and what to expect from my recipes. The response was such a heart-warming surprise! We received so many thoughtful and wonderful entries! As I read through them, my eyes watered more than once and I could feel my heart expanding in my chest from such generosity and genuine kindness.

When I first started this blog, my intention was that if my posts could be of assistance to even a single person, then all the effort and time I'd pour into it would be worth it. I certainly never expected that my readership would one day be in the thousands! Words fail to express the depth of my sense of gratitude for having been presented with a means to do what I love to do… and in the process make a real difference in other people’s lives. Thank you all for your continued (albeit virtual) friendship and for accompanying us along our (many!) raw adventures!

I simply found it impossible to choose only 3 favorites, so I had to turn it over to 'The Mystery' and let a random number generator give me a little hand. ;-)

And the winners are...*drum roll*

Lucie, Longueil, Quebec
"The Sunny Raw Kitchen is the only raw food blog you'll ever need to sign up to. The one word that would accurately describe this site ought to be 'Zen'. You will sense the spiritual aura that emanates from the stories and the pictures so generously shared by Carmella. There are so many various recipes on this blog that you are bound to find everything you seek, right here. The recipes are wholesome and the pictures are wonderful. Carmella's comments are always helpful and the results are delightful. Once you've signed up, you'll inevitably look forward to her next update. Thank you Carmella for sharing these so graciously with us."

Noelle from Iowa
"I'm not all raw, but I love your blog and how lovingly you draw food into the process and exploration of your life. I've recommended your blog to all sorts of people, and everyone finds something to bring away with them.

While many raw food chefs have some good recipes, I know that anything that is Carmella (and Don) approved is going to taste lovely and never have any hesitation to make an investment in making (or eating) anything. Your focus, good humor, and creativity somehow come through the food and when I sit down to eat, it feels like sharing a meal with a friend. I've struggled a lot to find food that is not only good for me, but good to me, and, in spite of owning just about every raw (and other) cookbook out there, I consistently choose your recipes. It's wonderful to choose to raw food not because I "should," but because it's fun and tastes better than anything else."

Like Mercury
"The Sunny Raw Kitchen has been such a delightful blessing for me in these past couple years since I became a raw foodist. I keep coming back to the recipes thanks to the variety, strong visuals, and doable instructions. Always natural, warm, and bright, you are the perfect guide on raw cuisine adventures! I love your wise expertise and moxie to explore- which enables me to achieve delectable raw creations. What an amazing gift!"

Congratulations you three! You will be receiving a free copy of Delightfully Raw in electronic format. If you have sent your entry via the comment section, please make sure to drop me an email at sunnyrawkitchen(at)gmail(dot)com so that I can forward you the book.

Once again, I want to say a big resounding "THANK YOU!" to everyone who has participated in the giveaway! I've tried to fit as many of your comments as I could in the first 2 pages of the book. Please note that I have taken the liberty to modify some of them so that they speak of me in the third person. It will make for more uniformity and ease of reading; I figured you wouldn't mind! ;-)

By the way, it's looking like Delightfully Raw in electronic format will be coming out within the next two or three days. The hard copy version will be available hopefully just in time for Christmas.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! (It's miserable and rainy here, but then again, it's the perfect excuse to put the final touches to the book.) ;-)

5 comments:

  1. congrats to the winners and congrats to you for achieving so many users! I can never seem to crack 100. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucie!!!

    I need your email addy so that I can forward you the ebook! Pop me an email at sunnyrawkitchen(at)gmail(dot)com!

    ReplyDelete