I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Sunny Raw Kitchen Gets Back On The Road!

If you've been hanging around this blog a while, then you probably know that last fall, I, Don and our furry critter friends, Kylo and DaPuss, found ourselves embarking on an incredible adventure in which the virtual and real worlds merged. We took ‘The Sunny Raw Kitchen’ on the road, driving nearly 13,000 miles through 6 Canadian provinces and 18 states, visiting over 20 different homes along the way.

Invited by readers of my blog and members of Raw Freedom Community, we had the privilege to become part of their lives for a short time and do some serious ‘uncooking’ together.  It was a truly amazing journey; at times challenging but filled with so much beauty and magic! (You can read about our rawesome adventures here.)

Upon our return, we've spent several months of much needed R&R in British Columbia's beautiful wilderness. Surrounded by Nature and its peacefulness gave us a wonderful opportunity to heal and recharge. There was a time when it felt like I would never get my creative juices flowing again, but thankfully that wasn't to be. In fact, as you probably know, for the past couple of months I've been working on a new recipe book that, unlike my previous two, will be available in both ebook format and soft cover. It's kept me creatively very busy: recipe development, testing, food photo shoots, writing, and book designing (which I'm doing all myself), not to mention the necessary daily round. Phfew! The new book, Delightfully Raw, will be ready to be launched within the next few days, which I'm super excited about! Yay!


Delightfully Raw Tour
Now that this project has come to fruition and that the weather is rapidly cooling off up here in Canada, we once again find ourselves in a similar situation as we were in last year on the east coast. We must soon be on our way somewhere warm for the winter months. In that light, this time, The Mystery willing, our plan is to head south along the west coast, traveling most likely as far as Arizona.

We intend to approach this new chapter of our travels much like we have in the past; that is staying as open and fluid as possible, letting the itinerary take shape according to the responses we get from you guys. Our general idea would be to visit those of you who express an interest in our dropping by or hooking up if we're in your area. There are so many possibilities we can play with; from uncooking blitzes and sharing insanely delicious raw foods, to things like feasting at raw restaurants, food prep demos, potlucks or book signing events.

In case you might be interested in hosting us for a few days, just note that, if it's more convenient for you, we'll be able to use our van as sleeping area.

We would tentatively be leaving British Columbia for WA State in about 2 weeks. So far our only definite stops are Portland and Medford, OR in December, the rest is up for grabs. lol.  


A Little Bit About Us
Between this blog and our forum, Raw Freedom Community, I'm sure you can get a pretty good sense of what we're about, but just for the sake of making things easier for those of you who aren't yet familiar with us...

Our names are Carmella and Don, and we've been dedicated to living a healthier, ever growing and more fulfilling life together for the past 10 years. This has included eating mostly raw and living foods. Besides being the author of this blog, I have released two raw recipe ebooks: The Best Of The Sunny Raw Kitchen and The Best of Raw Freedom Community.

In addition to our central passion for self-knowledge/personal growth, some of our specific interests and expertise include:
  • Vipassana meditation
  • the Five Tibetan Rites
  • freeing/purifying our body/minds
  • building harmonious relationships and community
  • simple living in harmony with Nature
  • raw food prep, from simple everyday meals to gourmet feasts
  • fermented foods and beverages, such as sauerkraut, nut cheezes
    and kombucha tea
  • sprouting
  • organic gardening
  • alternative building


How Do We Propose To Go About The Whole Thing?
In light of all this, for those of you who might be interested in participating in the next phase of our rawdventures, simply send us an email with the subject line “Delightfully Raw Tour” at:


sunnyrawkitchen(at)gmail(dot)com


Please remember that while you probably know heaps about us, we, on the other hand, haven't had a chance to 'meet' most of you (other than in a virtual way) so if you could include a few words about yourself it would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Also, you might want to let us know such details as your location and perhaps something about what you have in mind.

We'll then be contacting you in order to further explore the possibilities together. Once it starts shaping up, we will announce a tentative itinerary here and on RFC.

Looking forward to spending time with some of you and maybe even sharing a few of my recent recipe creations!


Delightfully Raw Giveaway
We've been receiving so many wonderful entries for my Delightfully Raw Giveaway! The generosity and openness of the contributors has had me on the verge of tears a number of times. Deciding on a few winners will be a major challenge... I think I might have to 'leave it to The Mystery' and let a random number generator do the work for me.  

If you would like to participate it's still not too late! I've decided to extend the deadline until noon tomorrow, Sunday. All you have to do is write a few lines about me, my blog and/or my recipes and either leave them in this blog's comments section or send them to my inbox at sunnyrawkitchen(at)gmail(dot)com. Also please leave your name (it could be an alias if you feel more comfortable) and general location for me to add to the quote. For example: "Linda, Washington" or "Michael, New York".  I will announce my 3 favorite comments on Sunday afternoon. These contributors will receive a complimentary e-copy of Delightfully Raw.

The idea behind this is to include a few words/comments about me and my recipes in the new book so as to give people that aren't already familiar with what goes on in my Sunny Raw Kitchen a better sense of what they might expect.

Be back tomorrow with the winners!



4 comments:

  1. I have been following Carmella since the beginning of the Sunny Raw Community. Her passion for raw foods is evident in the community she has helped shape. Carmella exhibits a kindred spirit and her knowledge of living foods is overflowing.

    What I like about Carmella's recipes and blog, is that she makes preparing raw foods easy and fun. My favorite recipe is her Strawberry Shortcake. The "whipped cream" is my favorite.

    Despite not being as active in the Sunny Raw Community as I was at inception, I still feel blessed to have come in "contact" with the family that surrounds it.

    Thank you Carmella and Don for all that you do!

    Carolyn (moonstone523)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you are coming to the Seattle area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing experience! I envy your sense of adventure and wish you a wonderful journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently tried being a more dedicated raw foodist and since becoming a follower of this blog I have been amazingly surprised with the recipes I have tried so far. I truly cannot believe how food really tastes and how fresh and pure it tastes to my senses.You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete