I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Raw Cheeze Itz

As you've probably noticed, things have slowed down a bit lately in my sunny raw kitchen as it was being relocated. Takes a while to get adjusted to a different environment, but the good news is that I'm starting to feel comfortable in my new working area. I'm also almost ready to 'give birth' to my second ebook, The Best of Raw Freedom Community. (Yay!) I was playing with the cover page over the weekend and must say that it's getting increasingly difficult to contain my excitement!

With all that going on, poor 'Mr. D' was beginning to feel neglected, but I sure took good care of that last Thursday. For my first 'D Day' at Ashinah, I managed to fill up both my 9 tray AND Niomi's 5 tray! lol It all went super smooth, though, as I had some help from a friend who wanted to learn more about raw food prep. Between the two of us, we had everything in there in just a few hours.

We made Herbed Pizza Crusts (a new recipe I was also testing for the ebook), 3 batches of Ani's Black Sesame Sunflower Bread, 3 batches of Flandria's Pajon Bread and 2 batches of Flandria's Flax Bread. We also tried the following Raw Cheeze Itz that has been getting raves lately on RFC. Not sure what the SAD version was supposed to taste like, but this is goooooood stuff!


Raw Cheeze Itz
Posted by rawererin on Raw Freedom Community

The original recipe is from goneraw.com, I added a few things to it... and after a few hours in the dehydrator, I scored them into little squares with a fondant cutter I found at Hobby Lobby.

1 C Sunflower seeds (soaked 4 hrs and dehydrated)
1 C Brazil nuts (soaked and dehydrated)
1 C Almonds (soaked and dehydrated)
1 big tomato
1 cup red pepper, diced
1/4 C ground flax
1 pinch cumin or to taste
2 teaspoons salt or a bit less to taste

Process all ingredients and spread on teflex or parchment paper as thin as you like, after a few hours score with a pizza cutter and leave until dry on top then flip and leave until crispy (all day!) then eat eat eat!!!

Rawererin's Mods:
I used a whole red pepper. I omitted the flax seeds. I used about 1 tsp Cumin and at least 2 tsp salt.

I added 1 Tbsp taco seasoning, 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tsp garlic powder.

Heathy's Mods:
I used soaked sunflower seeds and almonds - I never bothered to dehydrate.
I used brazil nuts, without soaking them.
I added 1/4 cup soaked, sundried tomatoes.
I used ground yellow flax (the recipe never specified which kind).
I added 1 small clove of garlic, minced .
I added onion powder, to taste.

Carmella's Notes:
I followed in Fairygirl's footsteps with her changes and the Cheeze Itz turned out GREAT! I brought a platter to Ashinah's community kitchen and they were a hit. Surprise, surprise!

Now the question is, "where am I going to find room to store all these goodies?" Any takers?

3 comments:

  1. Where are you going to store them? In my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to inspire me!! I love the idea of raw cheese itz! I'm going to have to make these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you type the sound that your mouth makes when your lips start smackin? Well I'm not sure, but sign me up!!!

    ReplyDelete