I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Recipe of the Week: Pasta Primavera

This week, I'm sharing with you one of Heathy's savory creations. I know this may come as a surprise, but she doesn't do only desserts. (lol)

In fact, this dish is my current favorite; we've been enjoying it almost weekly for the last little while. I love how easy it is to prepare, and that it requires no dehydration. Perfect for those times when it's nearly lunch or dinner and you still haven't got a 'plan'.

Pasta Primavera
By Fairygirl Heathy

So simple and really yummy!

Wide zucchini noodles (just use the veg peeler)
Fresh garden peas
Chopped red pepper
Small chopped carrot
Baby tomatoes, halved
Fresh shredded basil
Fresh chopped parsley
Lemon zest

Your favorite dressing (you might want to try Carmella's House Dressing or Snowdrops' wonderful and creamy Ranch Dressing featured here) or any alfredo type sauce.

Alfredo Sauce
Adapted from Rawvolution’s recipe

¾ cup water
½ tsp honey
1 clove garlic
¼-1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1 ¼ cup cashews

Blend all ingredients until smooth.

Heathy's Notes:
~ I found this to have a really fresh flavour, and the noodles seemed to sorta melt into the sauce.

~ I'd like to add marinated mushrooms and asparagus too, next time!

Carmella's Notes:
~ We didn't have fresh sweet peas so I used frozen, and I added a thinly sliced green onion in there.

~ I always just eye the ingredients when I make it. Sometimes it turns out more pasta like, or if I don't have a lot of noodles, closer to a salad. Delish any way you have it!


6 comments:

  1. That recipe looks wonderful. The simplest ones are always the best. It will definitely brighten a cold fall day. I'll have to try it this week. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carmella, made this recipe yesterday, sans tomatoes and parsley. I added shredded spinach and mushrooms [per Heathy's suggestion], used the alfredo sauce recipe provided ~ wow it was DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this recipe and it was AMAZING!!!! I am so impressed and my whole family was too. I will be making this one over and over again. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did a really lazy version of this one day and it was great! i had some of ani's cashew cheeze and i added some agave and water and made it a sauce and added diced veggies. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So yummy!We loved it with the alfredo. Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried this recipe with the Alfredo and it was absolutely yummy!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete