I have released four recipe books so far:

The Best of the Sunny Raw Kitchen
The Best of Raw Freedom Community
Delightfully Raw and
Deliciously Raw

These feature some of the most delectable creations to have come out of my raw kitchen and will appeal to anyone interested in a healthier diet, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. From easy one-step everyday fare to more elaborate and involved gourmet dishes and layered cakes, they offer something for everyone and every occasion. Incredibly tasty smoothies, creamy and comforting warm soups, sexy salads, delicious nut cheezes, satisfying entrees and scrumptious guilt-free desserts...

Healthy food never tasted so good!

To learn more about my recipe books, click here!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Carmella's Health Video Update - Part VIII

Hi guys,

I hope you are enjoying the wonderful blessings of Summer!

While my getting rid of parasites last month did help somewhat in healing the inflammation in my gut, I'm still having some digestive issues. To my surprise, research online about my ongoing pain (where the descending colon begins) quickly revealed what seems to be the real culprits.

The discomfort I've been experiencing below my left ribcage is a condition known as Splenic Flexure Syndrome; gas is getting trapped in the bend of the colon, hence the strange 'bubbly' feeling and pain. For some reason I have developed an intolerance to fructose, which prevents its proper absorption into my bloodstream. As a result bad bacteria is happily feasting on it, causing gas and bloating.

And so I finally decided to take the plunge and give the Specific Carbohydrate Diet a try. After experimenting unsuccessfully with Jini Patel Thompson's Elemental Diet, juice and fruit fasting, and eating whatever few foods didn't irritate my intestines (mostly sweet potatoes, potatoes, white rice and gluten free rice-based goodies; in other words starches and complex carbohydrates), I figured that this is one of the few options that I still have left. *sigh*

Anyhoo, I get into the details in this next video update.

Please pardon my brain fog and spaciness throughout the vid. Since I can only eat very small amounts of carbs due to my intolerance to fructose, I've been having very low energy. I probably didn't do such a good job of clearly and accurately describing the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and Fructose Malabsorption. You can read more about these topics in the links included below the video.

Oh, and the loud hum in the background is the nearby creek. We've had so much rain in June that it's running like crazy! ;-)

P.S. I'm turning 42 in a few days, so make sure to check out my Sunny Raw Recipe Book Sale here! ;-)




About the Specific Carbohydrate Diet:

About Elaine Gottschall's Breaking The Vicious Cycle:

About Splenic Flexure Syndrome:

About Fructose Malabsorption:

About the sugar content of foods:

About Candida Being Released:

My Other Health Video Updates:

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carmella - Thank you for continuing to share your experience.
    I experienced something simliar (candida, IBS, intolerance) after eating a raw food diet for 2 years. There were other complications with my adrenal gland, hives and then finally rosacea for 1.5 years. I did not have parasites - to my knowledge. I had to elminate all sugars/carbohydrates for 4 months while killing off the candida with Oregano oil, Olive Oil, Oregeon Grape Root and increasing my Omega 6 intake along with liposomal Vit C, sulfur probiotics, and vitamin D. I also had to increase my protien intake with animal sources. I was able to elminate the candida and return my gut to health and no more IBS. There is really great information on the danger of sugars and how the body processes it (Sugar the bitter truth by Dr Lustig)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM - fructose is handled by the liver.
    I empathize with you as the IBS was a horrible experience. Everyone is different and everybody heals at it's own rate. There were times I was improving then would deteriorate.
    Happy Birthday and increased health and vitality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh carmella! it is difficult to imagine the pain and frustration you must be feeling as you continue to push forward on you journey of self healing. you are such a giving and kind person its hard to see you struggling so. try not to get discouraged, girl! :D if it helps at all, know that like me, all your readers and friends are pulling for you and thinking about you and doing our best to send a little light and positive energy your way! its good to know your are making some progress, though i imagine it doesn't really feel like much from where you stand. but really, a coupla' worms and good poo should count for something, right?
    on another note...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! welcome to 42! i joined that club a few months ago, and so far, not to shabby! ;)
    so, hang in there and chin up kiddo! you are loved! thinking of you... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Carmi, the sunshine is purely on the inside of this comment, you have all the sun you need in this community, we are here for you waiting and eager if somewhat at a loss sometimes to know how to help. You are trusting in this and therefore I am trusting it too, I would wait for an eternity to see you active again on this blog, but I sincerely wish it that this soon will be resolved and you are feeling as you once were and will be again. The sunflowers are opening all around the world, for you and your health. Love to you, darling of the blogspots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting that you mention SCD. I hope my post encourages you to start and continue. I was diagnosed with Crohns at age 41 and I started on the SCDiet right away. In 2009 (age 45) I went into remission and I still am today (age 49). I cant say more about how this diet helped my health. Please email (vglac@bell.net) me if you wish to chat about the SCDiet. I have tons of information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cami .... please stop messing with this self healing stuff and go to a real doctor. they can probably tell you straight away whats wrong.

    you would get better that much quicker.
    i wish you would just go and get yourself healed.

    i cant help thinking alot of this is brought on by eating no animal protein.

    i love raw... but i am not going to endanger my health
    because of a lifestyle.

    i hope you do heal yourself.... but if you dont... please please consider going to get some real treatment.

    we all love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern and for taking the time to drop me a few lines.

      I have gone to the doctors and they don't know what's going on. The only way to find out is by doing a colonoscopy and I'm still waiting to be scheduled for an appointment...

      In the meantime I must do my best to find a way to feed myself that doesn't make the symptoms worse...

      Warm hugs,
      Carmella

      Delete